Designing automotive ICs to meet the power, performance and area needs of the autonomous vehicle is challenging and requires new system architectures optimized for artificial intelligence and machine learning. Beyond these requirements, these ICs need to function with exceptional reliability and accuracy for much longer periods of time compared to ICs in consumer markets.
The complexity of these safety-critical designs requires tools and tool flows that can assure companies their ICs meet the requirements of the ISO 26262 standard as well as prove they reach sufficient defect coverage during manufacturing test.
This presentation will demonstrate how Siemens EDA delivers practices, methodologies, and integrated tool flows that accomplish two goals:
– Provide a path to reach the required manufacturing test quality needed for designs targeted at critically safe and high reliability markets
– Help accelerate product development to meet time-to-market pressures
What you will learn:
1. The challenges that complex safety-critical and high reliability designs pose for defining defect coverage
2. Pros and cons of approaches typically taken to achieve coverage to meet industry standards
3. How to meet defect coverage requirements of the ISO 26262 standard
Siemens EDA, Automotive Test Solutions Manager
Siemens EDA, Functional Safety Product Manager
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. The Xcelerator portfolio helps companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation. For more information on Siemens Digital Industries Software products and services, visit www.sw.siemens.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Siemens Digital Industries Software – Where today meets tomorrow.