TSMC Reports First Quarter Consolidated Revenue of $12.9B

Article By : TSMC

TSMC has announced consolidated revenue of NT$362.41 billion and net income of NT$139.69 billion for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021.

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd (TSMC) has announced consolidated revenue of NT$362.41 billion, net income of NT$139.69 billion, and diluted earnings per share of NT$5.39 ($0.96 per ADR unit) for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021.

Year-over-year, first quarter revenue increased 16.7% while net income and diluted EPS both increased 19.4%. Compared to fourth quarter 2020, first quarter results represented a 0.2% increase in revenue and a 2.2% decrease in net income. All figures were prepared in accordance with TIFRS on a consolidated basis.

In US dollars, first quarter revenue was $12.92 billion, which increased 25.4% year-over-year and increased 1.9% from the previous quarter.

Gross margin for the quarter was 52.4%, operating margin was 41.5%, and net profit margin was 38.6%.

In the first quarter, shipments of 5nm accounted for 14% of total wafer revenue; 7nm accounted for 35%. Advanced technologies, defined as 7nm and more advanced technologies, accounted for 49% of total wafer revenue.


RELATED ARTICLE

TSMC Raises Capital Budget to $30B

Subscribe to Newsletter

Leave a comment