The Ruckus ICX 7150 can operate in fanless mode outside of the wiring closet to provide silent operation.
Targeting budget-sensitive organisations, Ruckus Wireless, a part of Brocade, announced the Brocade Ruckus ICX 7150 switch, an entry-level stackable campus switch for price-conscious customers in the education, hospitality and small-to-medium business (SMB) sectors.
The Ruckus ICX 7150 can operate in fanless mode outside of the wiring closet to provide silent operation for classrooms, hospitality suites, retail sites, hospitals or other noise-sensitive environments. At the same time, it enables organisations to buy what they need now, and easily scale to support growth and new technologies in the future.
It is available in 12, 24 and 48port 10/100/1000Mbps models with 1/10GbE dual-purpose uplink/stacking ports. The switch’s PoE and PoE+ capabilities make powering of high-capacity APs and other devices along with data connection easy.
It also features:
- Software upgradeable uplink/stacking ports from 1GbE to 10GbE
- SDN-enabled with OpenFlow support
- Easy transition to Brocade Campus Fabric for network automation and management simplicity
- Plug-and-play operations for powered devices via LLDP and LLDP-MED protocols
- Auto-configuration ensures error free configuration and accelerates deployment
- Hot-insertion and removal of stack members simplifies operations
- sFlow-based network monitoring
- Flexible stacking adds capacity throughout the network without increasing the management load