The LE940A9 also has cyber-security capabilities that allow automotive application programs to run securely on the module.
Telit Communications has added the LE940A9 to its xE940 family of automotive-grade modules. The LE940A9 supports LTE Advanced Category 9 (Cat 9) networks and offers three multi-band, multi-mode variants, including Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE). The device also delivers 450Mbps download and 50Mbps upload speeds with low latency, the company noted.
“Not only does the LE940A9 enable unprecedented applications with the speed and low latency of Cat 9 of the multi-mode variants but also simplifies integration and reduces costs that help accelerate the development of our OEM partners’ global roadmaps,” said Yossi Moscovitz, CEO of Telit Automotive Solutions.
According to Telit, the LE940A9 powers the entire connected car platform, supporting current needs while including features that enable future integration of up-coming, value-added telematics and managed services. The module can run in-vehicle applications inside a secure processing environment from the built-in application processor, storage, and memory. Automotive application programs can run securely on the module itself protected by advanced cyber-security capabilities, Telit added.
LE940A9 features include the following.
- GNSS support: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou, and QZSS support.
- Security: Features include secure boot and secure storage.
- Multi-radio access technology for wider coverage: 3GPP Release 11, LTE-Advanced with Carrier Aggregation (3xCA) support and 3G/2G fallback.
- Safety: Supports eCall, ERA GLONASS, other regulatory and safety standards, and is VoLTE-ready with circuit-switch fallback (CSFB) to 3G or 2G aligned with regional requirements.
- Design-once-use-anywhere: The LE940A9 40x40mm LGA form factor nests with the 34x40mm Telit xE920 automotive module family, offering the OEM or tier-one integrator flexibility to address economic, feature and regional requirements with a single device design.
- Automotive-grade: Ruggedised, mechanically robust package with an operating temperature range of -40°C to 85°C.