In cooperation with the German Asia-Pacific Business Association (OAV) the German Trade Office Taipei has organized a delegation visit of five German companies
In cooperation with the German Asia-Pacific Business Association (OAV) the German Trade Office Taipei has organized a delegation visit of five German companies active in the field of offshore wind to Taiwan from September 23 to 26, 2019 as part of the German Energy Solutions Initiative by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi).
“With their vast expertise in offshore wind technology, German companies constitute excellent partners for Taiwan’s energy transition efforts. We strongly believe that this delegation visit will not only strengthen our economic ties but also further enhance our cooperation in the offshore wind energy business,” stated Axel Limberg, Chief Representative and Executive Director of the German Trade Office Taipei during the “German-Taiwanese Offshore Wind Conference” at the Sherwood Taipei. The conference marked the beginning of the delegation visit. Five renowned German companies exclusively showcased their latest technology, products and solutions regarding the offshore wind energy sector to over 100 participants. During their one week stay in Taiwan, the German companies will also have the chance to meet with their Taiwanese counterparts in individual meetings that have been arranged throughout the whole week.
Background of the Delegation:
The German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) is supporting initial business contact delegation visits by small- and medium-sized German companies of various industries to destinations worldwide via its “Mittelstand Global” initiative. The main goal of this delegation visit is to provide German companies active in the field of offshore wind energy and Taiwanese firms of all branches and sizes with a platform to make first contact with one another and initiate future partnerships.
The five participating German companies are:
- deea Solutions GmbH: deea solutions GmbH provides tailor made German engineering, economic and strategy advisory in renewable energies, electrification, energy efficiency and E-mobility. deea combines international consulting experience with hands-on experience in the office, in the field or on the construction site - Offshore and Onshore!
- d-i davit international-hische GmbH: d-i davit international-hische GmbH is a renowned German supplier of deck equipment, e.g. tailor-made davit systems and cranes. Rather than off-the-shelf items we are specialists for customized solutions including those for offshore, navy and mega yachts.
- ElbeOne GmbH: ElbeOne GmbH is an independent engineering firm with a wealth of experience in the offshore wind industry. For offshore wind projects the company offers exclusive consultancy and owners engineering services as well as support for services from design over manufacturing, installation towards commissioning and operation.
- GreenGate AG: GreenGate offers an operation and maintenance management software for Off- and Onshore Windfarms. The software can be used for resource planning, task processing of technicians, warehouse management and use of means of transport. The system can also be used with mobile devices.
- Rhenus Offshore Logistics GmbH & Co. KG: Rhenus Offshore Logistics offers a variety of logistical services for your offshore projects. Besides transport and container services, the company offers warehousing solutions to manage incoming and outgoing goods as well as handling its customers’ material to prepare it for offshore shipping.
Aside from the companies, Dr.-Ing. Lorenz Müller, Head Of Regulatory Affairs at 50Hertz Transmission GmbH and Mr. Alexander Ohff, Executive Vice President Asia-Pacific at World Forum Offshore Wind also delivered speeches at the conference.
German Energy Solutions Initiative
The German Energy Solutions Initiative is implemented in coordination with German industry associations as members of the advisory council and in cooperation with partners such as the German Chambers of Commerce Abroad (AHKs), the German Energy Agency (dena), the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and further international project partners and service providers.
Around 1600 companies participate in around 170 events and projects every year. The annual budget of the German Energy Solutions Initiative amounts to €18.5 million. The promotion of smart and sustainable energy in Germany has resulted in the establishment of an industry which offers some of the world’s leading technologies. This industry encompasses several thousand small and medium-sized enterprises specialized in the development, design and production of renewable energy systems, energy efficiency solutions, smart grids and storage technologies.
With this level of expertise and experience in the promotion and deployment of renewable and smart energy solutions, Germany is a perfect partner for business cooperation. The German Energy Solutions Initiative aims to strengthen the position of German energy technologies on the international market and support firms to find adequate partners to market their solutions abroad.