Analogix offers single-chip USB PD v3 products
Article By : Analogix Semiconductor
The ANX7447 family enables USB PD ver. 3.0 features, including support for USB 3.1 up to Gen. 2 10Gbps and DisplayPort 1.4 at up to HBR3 8.1Gbps.
Analogix Semiconductor Inc. has made available its SlimPort ANX7447 family of single-chip USB power delivery (PD) version 3.0 port controllers with DisplayPort Alt Mode mux. The device enables the latest USB-C charging technology for notebooks, desktops and 2-in-1 PCs.
According to Analogix, the ANX7447 is designed as a companion to various CPUs and Application Processors (APs) and offers the following functionality:
- Extended Messaging – enables faster PD firmware updates (PDFU) and provides an efficient exchange of security certificates;
- Fast Role Swap – allows a PC accessory to change modes from sourcing to sinking power quickly, preventing data corruption during an unforeseen power source disconnect;
- Native USB-C port controller interface (TCPCI) for ease of integration with the existing USB-C port manager (TCPM);
- Support for Intel’s Direct Connect Interface (DCI) Closed Chassis Debug;
- Support for high-speed interfaces, such as USB 3.1 up to Gen 2 10Gbps and DisplayPort 1.4 at up to HBR3 8.1Gbps.
ANX7447 was demonstrated at Computex 2017 at The Grand Hyatt in Taipei.